Digitmovies is releasing the CD of the OST from the film “Blackie the Pirate” (original title: “Il Corsaro Nero”).
12 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 01/26/2018
Blackie the Pirate is a ctional character created by the Italian writer Emilio Salgari. The character has appeared in various lms throughout the years such as in a silent lm directed by Vitale Di Stefano in 1920; in a lm directed by Amleto Palermi in 1937 with music by Alessandro Cicognini; and in a version directed by Sergio Sollima in 1976 where Blackie was played by the popular star Kabir Bedi, with music by Guido & Maurizio De Angelis.
The composer Gino Peguri (author of soundtracks for movies like “Bloody Pit of Horror,”“Seven Magni cent Pistols”, “A Woman on Fire”, “Psychopath,”“Code Name, Red Roses”) wrote an orchestral score for “Blackie the Pirate” which was released in 1971 on a rare LP from RCA (SP 8035) and a rare single Cormorano (ZC 50180).
For this CD re-release we were able to nd the stereo master tapes from the original album and the complete master tapes from the original recording sessions which include both stereo and mono mixes. In addition to the 12 stereo tracks on the album, we have added nine alternate tracks in stereo and ve alternate tracks in mono.
This OST is dominated by the fun pop-sounding song in the opening credits called “Orza qui poggia lì,” performed by Paolo Ferrara and accompanied by the chorus of Nora Orlandi (tr.6 and tr.14), then reprised with variations in tr.8, tr.12, tr.18, tr.20, Tr.21 and tr.27. There are elements of Hispanic music on tr.3, tr.4, tr.11, tr.15, tr.16. You can hear adventurous music on tr.1, tr.7, tr.13, Tr.24 and tr.25, while early music appears on tr.10 & tr.17. A romantic love theme is found on tr.2 and tr.26.
DIRECTOR AND CAST:
Directed in 1971 by Vincent Thomas. Starring Bud Spencer, Terence Hil, Silvia Monti, George Martin, Diana Lorys, Edmund Purdom, Luciano Pigozzi.
Captain Blackie, a British pirate, plans to attack a ship carrying gold from the Spanish colonies to the motherland Spain. But he’s not the only one with that idea; there are other pirates with the same intent. When he discovers that the ship does not contain any gold and instead he nds the wife of the colony’s viceroy, Blackie decides to kidnap her and ask for a large ransom. But the woman falls in love with the audacious pirate and after Blackie has her husband killed in battle, she asks him to marry her, but Blackie gets back on his galleon with the other pirates in search of new endeavors.
01. NEL MAR DEI CARAIBI 3:01
02. GLI AMORI DI ISABELLA 2:30
03. CALIPSO DEI CORSARI 3:05
04. POSADA DE MARIA 1:46
05. IL PIRATA MATTACCHIONE 1:23
06. ORZA QUI POGGIA LÍ (Titoli) 2:24
07. ALL'ARREMBAGGIO! 3:01
08. PIRATI IN AGGUATO 1:27
09. DUELLO E MORTE 2:47
10. ISABELLA A CORTE 2:09
11. IL VICERÈ DI SPAGNA 2:31
12. CORO DEI CORSARI 2:43
13. NEL MAR DEI CARAIBI (film version) 1:39
14. ORZA QUI POGGIA LÍ (english version) 2:21
15. POSADA DE MARIA (long version) 2:18
16. CALIPSO DEI CORSARI (alternate version) 2:00
17. ISABELLA A CORTE (alternate version) 2:36
18. ORZA QUI POGGIA LÍ (instr.) 1:27
19. DUELLO E MORTE (alternate version) 1:31
20. PIRATI IN AGGUATO (alternate version) 1:57
21. ORZA QUI POGGIA LÌ (off vocal version) 2:27
22. IL PIRATA MATTACCHIONE (alternate version) 1:32
23. IL VICERÈ DI SPAGNA (alternate version) 1:39
24. NEL MAR DEI CARAIBI (alternate version) 1:38
25. ALL’ARREMBAGGIO! (alternate version) 1:49
26. GLI AMORI DI ISABELLA (alternate version) 1:55
27. ORZA QUI POGGIA LÍ (instr.# 2) 1:05