THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED FROM OCTOBER THE 8TH.
We are releasing for the absolute first time on complete edition CD the OST by Giovanni Fusco for the Peplum film “The Goddess of Love” (original title: “La Venere di Cheronea”).
29 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 10/08/2018
We have received some requests in the last few days to clarify the situation inherent in "LA VENERE DI CHERONEA", the artistic work was carried out by keeping to us strictly to what was reported in the Sugar database, formerly C.A.M.
It appears that Maestro Giovanni Fusco wrote the music score, orchestrated and conducted by Carlo Savina as it is attested in the original contracts and in the worksheets of the soundtrack recorded in 1957.
What happened at the film production / distribution level we can not know.
One can make all the hypotheses of the world, but any plausible explanation is lost in the past, well sixty-one years ago.
Although the name of Michel Michelet appears in the opening credits, the database reports everything to Maestro Giovanni Fusco.
Giovanni Fusco (October 10, 1906 Sant'Agata de 'Goti, - June 1, 1968 Rome) wrote a symphonic score for orchestra and choir which he entrusted to the masterful conductor, Carlo Savina. His main source of inspiration for this score was surely Iride’s beauty (and actress Belinda Lee who interprets her). Maestro Fusco created orchestral passages with a moving love theme which are introduced in the opening credits (Tr.1 ) and then reprised several times throughout the OST (Tr 3, Tr 4, Tr 5, Tr 9, Tr 10, Tr 12, Tr 13) and contrasted with a battle theme (Tr.6, Tr.7 , Tr.8, Tr.14, Tr.16, Tr.17). We’ve also included the track in the alternate ending from the French version of the film (Tr.21). For this CD (total duration 72:55 minutes), we were able to access the mono master tapes from the recording session so we could use every note recorded. The recovery and preservation of this CD from the Golden Age is a tribute to the musical art of Giovanni Fusco.
DIRECTOR AND CAST
Directed in 1957 by Giorgio Rivalta. Starring: Belinda Lee, Massimo Girotti, Jacques Sernas, Elli Parvo, Claudio Gora, Camillo Pilotto, Luigi Tosi, Arrigo Peri, Giuseppe Lo Giudice, Secondo Maronetto, Furio Meniconi, Armando Annuale, Claudio Biava, Franco Cobianchi, Enzo Fiermonte, Giulio Falcer, Paolo Gozlino.
Greece is at war with Philip of Macedonia. Luciano, captain of the Macedonian Army, gets wounded in action and is rescued by Iride, a model of extraordinary beauty who poses for the sculptor Prassitele. Iride takes Luciano to the sculptor's home where he falls in love with her. Until that point, Prassitele had only considered Iride a model who he used for inspiration to create the statue of Aphrodite, but now he too feels passionately about the young woman. Iride decides to run away with Luciano and to try to return to the Greek camp. Prassitele then decides to take revenge on the couple by telling the Greek soldiers about the two escapees. The soldiers chase them and shoot Luciano with an arrow. He is believed to be dead so Iride is sent back to Prassitele’s studio. She tries to forget about Luciano by seeing other men. Meanwhile the Macedonians continue advancing and Prassitele is killed by the soldiers. After some time, Iride returns to Prassitele's house and while contemplating the unfinished statue of Aphrodite, an alive and well Luciano shows up. Iride confesses to him that she has been with other men and then tries to kill herself, but Luciano forgives her and affirms his love for her.
01. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Titoli) 1:53
02. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Risveglio magico) 3:55
03. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Bellezza eterna) 2:39
04. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Incontro d'amore) 2:05
05. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Notturno) 3:34
06. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Palazzo reale) 3:04
07. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Momento drammatico) 1:23
08. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Momento drammatico - parte II) 2:02
09. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Nata dalle acque) 4:33
10. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Come in un sogno) 6:56
11. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Dopo il risveglio) 5:39
12. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Momento sentimentale) 3:45
13. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Splendida statua) 3:50
14. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Scontro mortale) 2:39
15. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Amanti) 2:25
16. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (La grande battaglia) 10:02
17. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Inseguimento e incontro) 2:22
18. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Momento mistico) 4:19
19. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Bella come una dea) 1:01
20. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Finale - versione Italiana) 2:08
21. LA VENERE DI CHERONEA (Finale - versione alt. Francese) 2:02